Wednesday, June 24, 2009


Sorry no photo, but there was some excitement today. I went in for my Tuesday NST at noon. I've been going twice a week since week 34, once a week since week 30. I sit in the lazy boy chair hooked up to the monitor that tracks the baby's heart rate and one that tracks my contractions. He has to have 2 heart rate spikes of 15 beats per minute above his baseline to "pass." So today he not only failed to do that he also had a deceleration. So they put me in a wheelchair (ridiculously embarrassing as the whole waiting room of the super busy practice gawks at me) and wheeled me over to Labor and Delivery. I got a gown and a bracelet and the whole nine yards. More monitoring commenced. The nurse had to kind of chase him around to keep him on the monitor. He had more decelerations so they ordered a BPP, bio-physical profile. This is essentially an ultrasound where they are looking for specific things---practice breaths (expansion of lungs), limb movement, amniotic fluid levels, heart rate. I did this with Reese too. Reese took about 30 minutes (in the middle of a CSI episode I'd like to point out) to pass. This baby did it in about 5 minutes while hiccuping. So they determined he was doing okay -- no explanation for the decelerations -- and healthy enough to wait until Friday.
So we essentially wasted the whole afternoon, will likely pay a huge fee for being admitted and we still got no baby!!! Very frustrating. Every Tuesday it seems is get us all excited about maybe having a baby day only to be sent home still pregnant. Luckily it's only a couple days to go. Aside from the unexplained heart rate drops he appears to be perfectly healthy--hooray!
This is what happened next.
This is the finale.


JessieLeigh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JessieLeigh said...

Hang in there! You're so close now. :) Can't wait to see pics of your new sweet little boy! Praying that everything goes smoothly for you. Enjoy your last day as a family of three! :)