Thursday, October 14, 2010

Emergency!

We had our first trip to the ER and I didn't have my camera!! When I picked Reese up at school today they told me he fell and got a little cut on his chin. I looked at it and wasn't sure what I thought except it was more than I'd describe as a "little cut." However it was no longer gushing blood and it wasn't gaping open, so what to do. Kyle gets off work 15 minutes after school ends so I let him look and he hemmed and hawed as well. So...we figured we better go to the ER and let them tell us we're freaks and send us home. When the nurse pulled out the 1 -10 hurt chart with the frowny faces he chose level 8 for his pain. I think that maybe he didn't quite understand the number system but he felt sad about it, so chose the frown. They checked it out and assured me we were not freaks. They decided to disinfect it and glue it together. The doctor said this will give it a much thinner scar that a year from now will be unnoticeable. She said it would likely have healed fine without treatment, but it would definitely have been a much bigger scar.
I couldn't seem to get a good photo of it now that we're home, but it is nicely sealed.

2 comments:

JessieLeigh said...

So glad he's ok! That glue stuff is amazing. I couldn't help but admire Reese's eyelashes in that "looking up" shot. :)

Susana said...

Oh, that is bad Heather. Good thing you took him in. I am so superficial, but one of the first things I think of when one of the kids get hurt like this after I know they are ok, is I hope it won't leave a scar on their beautiful skin--I know, superficial.

I am glad he is OK!!