Wednesday, September 8, 2010

That Concoction is a Keeper!

A few days ago I was making some meatballs for the boys to have with lunch. I sneaked one and started thinking there must be a way to eat this where they aren't hidden in spaghetti sauce. This is the concoction I came up with. This is Kyle's second helping. I should've taken photos along the way, but I wasn't confident it would be very good.

This is what I used:

1 pound fresh asparagus cut into bite sized pieces
12 ounces baby portobellos cut into bite sized pieces
2 red bell peppers cut into bite sized pieces
a little olive oil and salt and pepper
aidell's pineapple and teriyaki meatballs
2/3-3/4 package of whole wheat linguine
for the sauce:
1 cup chicken broth
1 TBSP corn starch
2 TBSP soy sauce
2TBSP hoisin sauce
2 TBSP rice vinegar

Boil pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet saute asparagus, mushrooms, peppers in a little olive oil. Add a bit of salt and pepper to taste. Add meatballs, cook until heated through. Add sauce, stir, heat until thickened. Add drained linguine to skillet and mix to coat the noodles in the sauce.
Serve....YUM!
If you use homemade meatballs I think they should be marinated in teriyaki first.

1 comment:

Susana said...

So, this is your own creation? I am impressed:-). I bet the flavors are very good. I am a chicken when it comes to making my own stuff up, but would love to have the guts to do it!!