Monday, April 19, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

While I haven't posted a meal plan for awhile I have actually been monthly planning for awhile. We have a dry erase calendar on the fridge. On the bottom of each day I jot the meal I intend to make. As the calendar fills up I can swap meals around to different days as needed to work with our schedule. It's been working out pretty well. I like that it kind of reminds me of meals I may forget we want to have and it prevents too much repetition since I can see the whole month at once. I like having it written down where I will see it frequently, but also having flexibility. So this week:
MONDAY: chicken enchiladas and mexican style rice (I use the recipe on the back of the Old El Paso Green Enchilada Sauce)
TUESDAY: spaghetti and meatballs with garden salad
WEDNESDAY: Chicken Teriyaki (on the grill), brown rice, peas
THURSDAY: Fajitas--carne asada, onions, red bell peppers, homemade guac/sour cream
FRIDAY: sloppy joes
SATURDAY: homemade pizza
SUNDAY: pork chops (hopefully on the grill), brussel sprouts, roasted potatoes

Need some menu ideas? Check out Organizing Junkie!

No comments: