Sunday, January 17, 2010

Peppermint Bark Recipe


I was almost sucked into buying boxes of full sized candy canes on clearance for $0.17 at Walmart. Then I realized we have about a million mini candy canes still, so I didn't get any, but if you did I have a great use for them!
This peppermint bark is super yummy. I melted regular chocolate chips in the microwave. I stirred after 1 minute then went another 40ish seconds. I stirred it up smooth then poured it onto parchment paper. I let it sit for about 3 hours--I didn't check it could take less--then I melted white chocolate chips, stirred well, poured over the brown chocolate and let it set. The I crushed some candy canes in a ziplock bag and sprinkled it on top.
I put it in the fridge on a cookie sheet to get good and hard. I intended to break it up and store it in a container, but it didn't last long enough to bother!
YUM!
I dont' know why we bothered buying this! You could use any kind of meltable chocolate. I just had regular chips, but next time I think I may specifically buy dark chocolate to make the bottom layer.

No comments: