Friday, January 1, 2010

2010 Goals---HAPPY NEW YEAR

a.k.a. New Year's Resolutions. Since most folks don't keep their resolutions I'm making long term goals instead. Hopefully this time next year we can look back and say we've done all this.
  • save $5000---I intend to do this by reducing our grocery budget dramatically. I know we spend a ridiculous amount on food, so I will menu plan more purposefully. This year I've menu planned quickly on Sunday so I can post on Organizing Junkie. In '10 I will actually look at what we already have and plan accordingly and shop the sale flyers we get in the mail on Saturday and Wednesday. Also, I already changed our automatic deposit (starting the last check in December) to put $175 per payday into our ING savings account. It's all online banking, so it can give you a decent interest earning. In 2009 we spent a bit over $2000 on eating out (this included Kyle's food while I was in the hospital with Gus) so I think we can do our savings goal no problem with a little self-control.
  • Take a monthly family photo. We got one today!
  • Utilize our video camera regularly.
  • Improve my posture and shed a few waist inches.
  • Create a toy organization solution.
  • Get my sewing room into presentable shape for those times unexpected company arrives and I want to show off my room.
  • Work on my quilting projects at least once a month.
  • Get our photos organized and stay on top of it each month.
  • Get our filing cabinet in shape with a logical system that would allow everyone to get what they need without having to consult me.
  • Kyle will work on numbers with Reese each morning.
hmmmm.......there was more I think, but I forgot to write them down so I may have to revise. I just wanted to hustle and get this ready so it would post on the 1st!

I hope everyone had a safe holiday!! We celebrated the new year amidst the painting debris. I will post the new room photos in the coming days.
Happy New Year!!

3 comments:

The Happy Housewife said...

Great goals! Using direct deposit for your savings is a great way to be disciplined!
Toni

SnoWhite said...

what a great idea to take a monthly family photo!! you will love having those memories.

Julie said...

Great goals! I should write some down too!