Friday, August 21, 2009

Soup for the Sick

Kyle brought a nasty cold home from work and ended up staying home from work for 2 days. So I decided to make some soup for the sickie. This is my modified Pasta Fagioli recipe. This photo is a little bowl for Reese and a normal bowl for Daddy, both Longaberger, of course!
1 can tomato sauce (14 oz)
1 can diced tomatoes (14oz)
1 cup soaked white beans
2 cups of mixed veggies
1 diced zucchini from our garden
2 tablespoons parley flakes
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon italian seasoning
a little sugar
32 oz chicken broth

1 1/2 cups of mini wagon wheel pasta

I started with only 16 oz chicken broth and simmered for about 1 hour then I refrigerated it for use the next day. When I was ready to serve I brought it to a boil and added the pasta and cooked fro about 10 minutes and found I had to keep adding stock to keep it soupy for sore throat help. I suppose you can have it as runny (souplike) or thick (stewlike) as you prefer. This turne dout pretty tasty. Even Reese gobbled it up.

No comments: