Sunday, April 19, 2009

Menu Plan Monday


I'm getting close to the magical 29 weeks mark and even though all still seems to be okay, I can't help feeling a little anxious that it's going to happen any moment. My BP is rising but it goes back down with rest at this point so "so far so good." But I still figure I better start planning better. I started working on this today so for now I've planned 2 weeks. My plan is to plan (loosely) through mid June and get some freezer meals in place for when I come home (or just in case when I'm on hospital bedrest.)

MONDAY: spaghetti and aidell's meatballs - I have diced bell peppers and diced onions in the freezer for quick sauce making.
TUESDAY:Blackened Cajun Chicken
WEDNESDAY: leftovers
THURSDAY: red beans and quinoa chili
FRIDAY: quesadilla - shredded chedder and chicken strips melted in a tortilla with salsa & beans
SATURDAY: leftovers
SUNDAY: Sunny's Apple Pork Chops--this is NOT quick and easy, but YUM!

MONDAY: Black Bean, Corn and Barley Burritos
TUESDAY: Jambalaya -- I use Zatarain's low sodium jambalaya, jennie o turkey keilbasa and shrimp
WEDNESDAY: French Dip -- use Italian Roast Beef from deli otherwise you need to season plain roast beef, I like havarti but any mild cheese will work. San Fransisco Brand Sandwich Rolls are the absolute best, but I haven't been able to find them recently, so I'm thinking they may have stopped making them. We use the french rolls as a substitute but it's just not the same.
THURSDAY: leftovers
FRIDAY: Stuffed Peppers
SATURDAY: Bagel pizzas or leftovers
SUNDAY: Chicken and Pork Risotto with veggie

Get more ideas at OrgJunkie.
Also check out the whole site for the cajun chicken, she has some yummy ideas.

No comments: