Sunday, November 23, 2008

TURKEY

I have no photos to share because I just haven't taken any and if I did the thought of having to pull out the cord and load them to the computer is overwhelming. I am experiencing only 2 pregnancy symptoms: super tiredness and food cravings. The problem is I crave different things and then when I eat them they are just not all that great. I was dying for Red Robin for several days, we finally went and my big fat juicy burger was ho-hum. Kyle says his food is fantastic, so I'm assuming this ho-hum food is a pregnant thing. Also the bicycle aisle at Walmart was the most retched rubber smell in the history of the world and it followed me around the store--gross!

I bought my Thanksgiving turkey at Safeway for $0.27 a pound---I think I may have told you already. We went in today to get the rest of our supplies and got another one to stash in the freezer for later. Once we use up the first 23 pounds I figure I'll make another and then we'll have precooked cubed and shredded turkey to go in the freezer for casseroles and enchiladas.
I fought with food network's new website to find Alton Brown's recipe for my turkey and I checked the USDA site for cooking times. Turns out my bird must cook for 5 hours---ugh! I'll need to nap while it roasts.

Hey do you see a photobucket ad behind my blog entries? I can't figure out where it came from or how to get rid of it. Please let me know if you see it. I thought I figured out how to block it but once I logged out and back in it was back. Maybe it's just on my screen somehow and not really embedded in my blog.

No comments: