Saturday, November 15, 2008

Burrito Eating Boy

Reese can finally eat a burrito! Woo HOO! Forever now it seems I've given him the guts of the burrito on a plate to eat with a spoon or fork. Today he refused to accept it doing the Stevie Wonder dance (that's probably very un-PC) to keep his mouth away from the spoon while simultaneously screeching and reaching desperately for Kyle's burrito. So I wrapped him his own and he can eat it now. Yippee!
So tonight was one of our vegetarian meal days. We had barley, black bean and corn burritos (I switched the scheduled nights around a bit). I have to say if you actually seek out real vegetarian recipes not just spaghetti sans the meatballs there is some good stuff out there.
My quest for organic meat in dinky kitsap county has not been very fruitful, so.....I just don't know what the plan is, but I really do want to eat steak again sometime and beef stew. I am going to check the couple of real butcher shops I am aware of but no grocery stores carry any organic red meat except ground beef and honestly I can't remember the last time we even had ground beef. Probably sometime last summer if I made burgers. All recipes that use ground beef I switched to ground turkey or chicken eons ago....chili, sloppy joes, stuffed peppers---I just add a few shakes of Worchestershire Sauce and honestly you can't tell the difference. I don't know if my OB checks cholesteral, so I may have wait until my 2010 physical to find out but I expect all this barley, quinoa, whole wheat pasta and such to make a difference in my cholesteral!

No comments: