Sunday, May 18, 2008

a bit of homekeeping

Today's weather was great! Hot, but not sweltering. I feel confident there will be no more frost and the soil was definitely warm so I planted my veggies. This is our raised bed--that's the neighbor's garage and house in the background.
Here's a close up of the squash. We planted beefsteak tomatoes, jellybean tomatoes, squash, bell peppers, brussel sprouts, zucchini, carrots and green beans.
This is our "doomsday" food---dry beans in case we can't afford to drive to the grocery store or in case we can't afford to buy any of the food they may have for sale. haha!

We hung this shelf above the sink to hold my Bauer bowls that candy Gram gave me. We intended to hang 2 but it became a pain because one side was on a stud and the other wasn't. SO we will put art above it. Probably from the watercolor lady at Pike's Place Market.
We also hung shelves in the man room above the new computer set up. The computer is out of the second bedroom to get it ready to be a big boy room.
The boxes are because Kyle likes a bare desk and now we'll be sharing, so I need to hide my office supplies.This is our time as art wall---got this idea from a catalog we just got in the mail.
Reese really likes to play in the man room!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I really like your boxes (I used the same in my office). Looks great!

Bella Sweet Cakes said...

I like the green boxes too!!!! they look funky!!!! and the Clocks.... good idea!!! way to go!!!!! mine is hereif you havent seen it yet http://whenmomtalks.com/2008/10/organizing-my-office.html
have a great day!!!!

Krystal A. said...

where did you get thoes boxes?!?! I LOVE them!! I also love what you did with the clocks, my hubby loves clocks for some reason (weirdo) so maybe i'll steal your idea and do that with his office too.