Thursday, November 29, 2007

9 Month Well baby Check Up

Today's appointment required no vaccinations!! Woo Hoo! I guess I could have gone for this check up before Thanksgiving, but I was expecting shots followed by a week of Reese feeling yucky. He did have a finger stick to get blood for an iron test. His iron levels are normal and he got a Dora the Explorer bandaid. This is the first time he's ever had a bandaid other than the circle on his thigh where he's gotten shots. He found Dora utterly fascinating and rather tasty though I could not capture a photo of him ogling the bandaid......he would barely look away from it so I don't know how he managed to avoid the camera. But you can see him holding it out . Reese was very happy his appointment didn't really hurt except for that one stick on the finger. He weighed in at 15 pounds exactly and 27 inches long. His head circumference is 44cm. We forgot to find out what percentile his height/weight is..hmm..I wonder if I can call and ask. She said he was fine according to his corrected age, so he is behaving appropriately for a 6 1/2 month old, well actually almost 7 month old. She looked at his gums with her Doctor light and said she can see two slits where the teeth should push through on the bottom....I couldn't see before, but can now so it may be the power of suggestion. His ear infection is looking good. Unfortunately he was pretty cranky today anyway...I think it's achy gums. He has been eating ferociously today. So I think he will catch up on some weight gain since he only gained 1 ounce over the course of his sickness...apparently fever burns a lot of calories combined with loss of appetite = no weight gain. His goal is to gain 1/2 ounce per day on average, so we have some catching up to do now that his cold is almost gone.


1 comment:

Julie said...

you can google percentile growth charts and find out what percentilehe falls into. i think babycenter.com has a good one.