Friday, November 16, 2007

Hairdo

So as you all know I've had crappy hair for basically all of 2007. I went to a mall hairdo place in the summer I think. She cut it with an eggbeater, put me under the dryer and went home. I paid $15 because they were sorry she ditched me, though in retrospect I should have refused to pay anything because it was a horrible cut. I want to not have to go all the way to Port Orchard for a hairdo, so I tried to make an appointment at a place that has been recommended to me by 3 people from 3 different age groups...I thought was a good sign....well they never called me back so I went to Pzazz. For non-locals they are kind of fancy schmancy. So I expected it to cost a bit more than what I think is really acceptable, but I figured what the heck. I've only spent $15 on haircuts in 2007 so far. To fix my freaky do it yourself highlights she recommended an all over color of dark blonde/light brown then do highlights over top and then redo my ends in the dark color because they were so bleached out and yucky. I thought it sounded good...didn't think to ask about the price. Got to the counter and before she added in my products it was...guess...you see the photo...what seems reasonable plus a bit to you?
$240!!!!!! I almost fell out. $130 for the all over color and cut, $80 for highlights/foils and $30 for the extra on the ends. Plus you have to tip and this is a service I've already received so I can't back out. With tip and products it was $317. Thank goodness Kyle called to say they are forcing him to work 5 OT hours. However, since this is ridiculous and even I can't justify it I suggested we just make $217 of it come from my Christmas budget. So if you ask what did I get for Christmas.....a super expensive haircut.
A couple hours later my hubby called from work to say he felt bad that my Christmas gifts would be hairdo and since I'm so fabulous we can make that be out of the house budget, but for future dos I need to pick a new salon. Isn't he sweet? This is my pay back since he was the only guy at work with homemade meals for their lunch break.

6 comments:

anya* said...

oh man heather, that is SO crazy! well, it does look fabulous though:) and you have a very sweet husband.

anya* said...

oh, i forgot to mention i went to pzazz the last time i paid for a haircut this summer, and it only was like 45$....but no color- apparently that is the big difference?

Julie said...

Well, You look Great!! I really like the do, but $240? Yikes! I used to regularly get my hair foiled and cut for about $130 and I thought that was ridiculous, but I kept going back because they really did do a good job. Much better than the $15 place. Needlesstosay, I don't do that anymore. I just wait until my hair looks nasty with grown out highlights and I travel back to Kansas to my mom's, small town beautician who does a couple colrs and full highlights for $40. oh, the cost of looking so damn beautiful! And you do look gorgeous!

The White House said...

Hey I have an idea, I'll give you a special deal. I'll cut and color your hair next month for $200. I might even do it for $100!!!! You look great though!

Unknown said...

Your hair looks great. I pay almost $50 every 5 weeks for my haircut and almost a hundred just for foil hilights. The price we have to pay to look good!

the wifey said...

You look hot! I'm in the middle of a really crappy hair slump- I'd like to blame the humidity (my hair hates WA) but it probably has more to do with my apathy and refusal to blow dry it since I got pregnant. If my husband told me I could drop $240 on a new hairdo right now and look fabulous, I'd do it.