Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Yummy Pumpkin

Last Thursday we had a lunch date for our mommy group. Julie baked an awesome "meal in a pumpkin" for our lunch. It was an actual pumpkin with sausage and rice and some other yummy goodness baked inside. I never ate an actual pumpkin before, only canned kind. It actually tasted pretty similar to baked/roasted (is there a difference?) butternut squash. Which coincidentally I had for the first time last week also. Reese really enjoyed eating the pumpkin off of a big boy fork. I believe he felt very grown, which he liked since he normally feels very tiny around all the bigger boys in our group.

3 comments:

anya* said...

it was so good wans't it? i even stopped at the fruit stand on my way home to buy a pumpkin so i could make it, but so far they are just sitting pretty in my house...

Julie said...

You impressed me, heather, just feeding Reese from your plate. I have started doing that more often with John Paul too.

Unknown said...

Sounds good, can you send me the recipe. He is getting so big.