Monday, November 1, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

November 1st and I am deciding again to get serious about menu planning with a goal of saving money. I actually menu plan every week, sometimes for a full month. But I don't care what's on sale, I don't look at what I have on hand and I don't hunt for coupons. I'm still not going to hunt for coupons because our newspaper doesn't have ones I want usually. I am going to check the sale flyers especially for diapers.
I read a blog that said using a diaper coupon (which is mailed direct from the manufacturer to my home) in combination with a sale allowed the lady to buy diapers for pennies. So I'll be checking that out. If it can beat Costco's price then I'll use those coupons.

To help me along with my money saving plans I printed out a variety of planning sheets from Life as Mom. We'll see if it helps me stick to my plan and shop cheaper! I also printed a bunch of her sheets for freezing cooking. I keep thinking I'll try this out. If we manage to successfully get pregnant I am definitely going to try this out so I'll be ready for those newborn days!

Monday: french dip, ranch tossed potatoes, broccoli
Tuesday: butternut squash ravioli with peas
Wednesday: Acorn Squash Yumfest with pictures!
Thursday: Chili
Friday: Fajita Potato
Saturday: Stir Fry with brown rice
Sunday: El Sombrero birthday dinner

Check out what everyone else is eating and find some new recipes at I'm an Organizing Junkie!

No comments: