Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Standing Room Only

Gus can officially stand. He can pull himself up in the crib and on the furniture.
He was on his knees drumming on the bench of this picnic table. I turned to pick something up and the next thing I saw was him standing on the bench flinging everything on the table top onto the floor! He was pretty impressed with himself.
He is not sure what to do when he is done standing yet. For now he either falls over or yells when he's ready to move. We brought out Reese's tonka truck walker toy, but he is not quite ready for it. He keeps his legs splayed apart to far so when it rolls forward he is just kind of stuck suspended. Let's just say he doesn't care for it. I would've taken a photo but my camera was in the other room and I would have felt horrible leaving him in distress to go get it.
We'll be practicing and before you know there will be a walking post!

1 comment:

JessieLeigh said...

Woo hoo! Good job, Gus! G. actually pulled up before she managed to crawl but now she does a funny scoot/crawl and has become amazingly fast. Is it bad to say that I kind of miss the days of my immobile baby?? ;)