Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

oops I forgot to post the plan yesterday. It has been so ridiculously hot for multiple days in a row (at least 2 record breakers!) that I decided to plan things that would generate little heat. We filled up the pool Saturday, but were busy all day Sunday and Gus had a 102 fever so didn't use it. The plan and the pool jinxed us I guess because the heat wave is over!! But I am sticking wiht my menu plan since it doesn't require I buy anything at the grocery store.
On Monday we ate pork chops that I'd planned to grill, but since it was cold I just put it in the oven with Stubbs marinade. I like to just bake my meat in the marinade so it stays nice and moist, but I can cook it to death and be 100% sure there's no e.coli! ha ha! I also roasted veggies: sweet potatoes, carrots, celery and onion. YUM!
Tuesday: carne asada on the grill for fajitas
Wednesday: jambalaya
Thursday: Chicken, stove-top stuffing, veggie
Friday: cheeseburgers on the grill, baked beans, salad
Saturday: leftovers...or maybe out
Sunday: Spaghetti and meatballs.....I feel bad since Kyle switched to days we've had almost no leftovers for him to take to work. On swing shift he always had homemade meals to take to work and his frozen dinner eating co-workers were envious. His day shift co-workers probably think the poor guy has a terrible wife who never cooks dinner!

Check out other people's menu ideas at Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Monday.

1 comment:

JessieLeigh said...

Jambalaya tonight? My hubby would probably rather come to your house for supper today. ;)