Thursday, July 22, 2010

12 Month Well Baby Appointment

Gus finally had his 12 month well baby appointment today...our doctor's office rescheduled us TWICE. So he was really 12 months and 26 days. He weighed 18 pounds 8 ounces...2nd percentile. He is 30 inches long...45th percentile. So...a skinny minnie!!
He seems so porky to us, but compared to everyone else apparently he is not. He hit all the milestones he was supposed to. I can't locate Reese's 12 month data, but at 11 months he weighed 16 pounds 11 ounces. I don't know why I can't find his 12 month well baby info, but I have 11 month stats...seems weird. I know he was negative 3rd-5th percentile though.
Gus is such a big boy (even if the medical world thinks he's skinny)! He is growing so fast, really standing well on his own, thinking about taking a step, crawling like a rocket to get whatever he's after, happy to rough house with his brother. He really likes to share toys with the cat. He likes to sit in Daddy's spot on the couch. He plays in his crib when he wakes up for a bit until he's ready to join us for the hub bub of the day. He loves the dish washer! He's starting to play with his own toys more (previously he just wanted whatever Reese played with.)
He is such a sweet boy. He likes to snuggle and cuddle and be right in the mix of everything.

2 comments:

JessieLeigh said...

He's such a cutie! But, yes, a definite skinny mini! Our G weighed it at 20 lb 13 oz at her 12 month appt and that was exactly on the 50% line. I have a feeling she'll be passing her sister at some point... :)

Susana said...

He is adorable. I love that last picture of him peering into the farm.

He doesn't appear skinny to me either in pictures. I am so glad his appt. went well and I know you are too!