Sunday, February 15, 2009

Menu Plan Monday


So last week I just didn't bother with a menu plan since Kyle would not be having dinner with us all week and Reese eats a microscopic amount of food. One casserole would have lasted us all week and still had to have some thrown away. But I still checked out other people's menus and this week the mpm host, Laura at Organizing Junkie is giving away a super cool prize, so I am making a plan for the week. You should check out everyone else's menu ideas and link your own plan to be eligible to win.
Monday: chicken noodle soup I threw in a cup of frozen peas, some ground black pepper, healthy heart from the spice place at Pike Place Market and cayenne pepper this time--so really the recipe is just a loose guideline. I recommend you precook or defrost any frozen veggies--I think they made my cream of mushroom soup separate a little---no one complained about taste but I thought it looked unappetizing.
Tuesday: steaks on the grill, sweet potato fries, broccoli
Wednesday: Reese and I are on our own and we both have doctor appointments: meeting my pal Laura and her girls, Briar and Delaney for dinner and mall playland
Thursday: garlic chicken with veggies and pasta all in a frozen bag from costco
Friday: fish sticks---costco sucked me in---this is a new thing we are going to give a try, hopefully Reese will eat it.... and a frozen veggie medley
Saturday and Sunday: we'll eat with daddy in Everett, so we'll probably eat out.

Also we decided to try to get back in the habit of making smoothies since Reese is suddenly adverse to veggies and I am really not much of a fruit eater. This seems like an easy way to get a few servings of veggies with make it yourself smoothies. We froze some containers of low fat activa yogurt, so we'll use one container of yogurt with frozen blueberries and peaches and whatever kind of juice we have on hand. This makes it a little too creamy and thick for me, but Kyle and Reese love it. I am going to try adding some crushed ice to lighten it up and make it feel more "refreshing"--I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: