Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Visiting College!

Reese visited college for the first time. We went to parent's weekend at Travis' school, Whitworth University in Spokane, WA. We planned to be at Mimi's by 10am to leave for our drive to Spokane, but we had a big windstorm and Mimi and Poppop had no electricity since 2pm the day before. So, we decided noon would be better so Mimi had time to get her stuff together since the power returned overnight. As we were loading the car we suddenly had a huge hailstorm! This delayed us. So we finally got on the road at 1:30pm.....arrived at 8pm. We checked into the hotel. Set up Reese's playyard/portacrib and headed over to the college. We registered and picked up our free coffee mugs. Then we visited Travis' dorm. Here is Reese about 9:30pm...he's pooped.
It's way past his bedtime. The next photo is Travis sitting on his bed in his dorm. You can't quite see how messy it is, but I assure you it is.

Then we headed back to the hotel. The next morning we were not up in time to make the continental breakfast from the hotel or the school but Reese did have some playtime on the bed before we got going. We headed over to attend "class" but we couldn't find it. So after we hoofed around campus for about 30 minutes we decided to head to Starbucks and we visited a quilt store. I bought 2 patterns and some fabric. There are 3 other quilt stores in town. We'll check them out next time. Then we had lunch at the school dining hall. We headed back to the hotel so Reese could nap before the soccer game. he fell asleep about 20 minutes before we had to leave.

But I figured I didn't want to drive 6 1/2 hours and then miss Travis play so we packed up and went to the game. As we walked from the car to the field the DOWNPOUR started. And I mean a super downpour. And Travis didn't play. So then we had to go back to the hotel to change into dry clothes and we headed to Moon's Mongolian Grill. Very yummy and Reese sat in a highchair for the first time ever! No photo...oops. We hit the baby's r us and the sports authority and then back to the hotel.
The next morning we checked out at 11 am. Reese wanted to be held but the playyard gave me trouble and we were still trying to dry out all our blankets from yesterday's game . So we were a little frazzled. Then off to the school for brunch and shopping in the book store.

We headed to Target to fill the gap until the Sunday soccer game.
Then we went to the game with no rain! woo hoo! and Travis got to play. Reese was pretty well behaved though he slept through Travis' play time. We won both Sat and Sun games. Then after the game we went to quizno's for a quick bite before we got on the road. Reese slept most of the way home so we made much better time. Daddy met us at Mimi's about midnight to go home. Monday Reese slept most of the day, staying awake no more than about an hour at a time. Then he went to bed at 9pm and slept straight through until 7am!!!! Again he napped a lot today but about 7pm he got real cranky. He's fussing again so I better go.

No comments: