Sunday, October 28, 2007

The ants go marching on

I should have snapped a photo so you could see the craziness of it, but I freaked and sprayed and vacuumed before I thought about it. About 5 pm Kyle vacuumed the living room while Reese and I watched. He even moved the coffee table to vacuum between the coffee table and couch. Later I am sitting on the couch with the lights up reading my text book (Boo!Hiss!) drinking from a drink on the coffee table..all is well. Then 9:45 I reach for my drink and it is a horror movie amount of ants! On the coffee table! On the top, on the sides, on my notebook, on Kyle's laptop, on the mouse, on the remote control, down the side of the table to the carpet between it and the couch...not just a trail the whole carpet area is over run with them. The trail, rather a highway of ants, leads to the wood foot of the couch back to the lamp control (it's on the floor). They just came out of no where. Literally a few hours before there were NONE. Of course Reese woke up as soon as I finished spraying Raid and Kyle is at work. I hope the stench didn't warp his brain. I scrubbed my hands and fed him in our bedroom away from the raid smell, but apparently no where is safe so who is to say they aren't in the bedrooms too. FYI Pledge furniture polish spray killed the ants well. I was leery of raiding the wood so I tried that first and it killed them. If they return I will take a photo so you can really appreciate the invasion. No I can't possibly go to sleep because the ants might crawl on me...and I can't really watch tv because that's where they were laying in wait.....and it's stinks like raid. I wish there was a way to fumigate the house without any poisons getting on the surfaces we touch or lingering in the air we breathe. I want a magical poison that kills everything except the cats and the humans and that has no smell.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Good thing you have that new vacuum!