Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Birthday Boy

It does not seem possible that 4 whole years have passed since Reese arrived on the scene. After two weeks in the hospital trying to control my pre-eclampsia my antepartum team decided it was time. Each of my contractions (which I could not feel, but could see on the monitor) caused his heart rate to plummet and stay low too long. A c section was scheduled for the morning of February 16, 2007. After what seemed like an eternity, but they said was only about 15 minutes, Reese was out and whisked away to the adjacent recovery room. Once he was readied they rushed him out to the NICU holding him up as they went, but he was covered by a blanket so I couldn't see him. Eons later (about 7 hours) I was able to go up to the NICU to see him.
Reese 2/16/07 2 pounds 2 ounces (975 grams), 13 3/4 inchesThe halfway point:
February 2009 2 years old
Suddenly he is 4 years old! A few days ago we celebrated Reese and Great Grandpa's birthdays (more to come on that). Can you believe the difference? Our boy is so grown now.

February 2011 Since we will have Reese's party this coming weekend we decided to do a few birthday things today. We sang "Happy Birthday" at school. Afterwards we picked up Daddy from work and went to the Reese's favorite restaurant. You guessed it..McDonald's, where the boys played in the playland and had strawberry shakes. Then we headed to Walmart to pick out a birthday toy and party gear. Here we are in our driveway. He has his superhero action figures in his hands.

February 16, 2011 29 pounds, 39 inches (I think)
Our own little superhero is tuckered out from his big day.

2 comments:

JessieLeigh said...

Aw, Happy Birthday, Reese! Hooray for being fantasic four now! :) And what an amazing day for you too, Mama, to look back at how far you all have come.

Susana said...

Happy Birthday Reese, even if I am a little late! I hope y'all enjoyed his birthday Heather--all of the celebrations!

I cannot believe how tiny he was! I bet it was so scary holding him so tiny. What a miracle he truly is. And, yes, the days/years, every second passes so quickly.

I hope you are having a good Monday and had a good weekend too.