Sunday, May 20, 2012

Best Buddies

 With Daddy back on day shift the tv is off all day most days.  Reese was traumatized by this at first, but I need some quiet. With swing shift we wake up mostly rested and function at an easy pace, get ready for the day, have breakfast and dinner before Daddy goes to work. There's plenty of time for battles and rough housing. After Kyle is at work we putter, play, watch a movie, eat a dinner that is really like a lunch. Even if the boys stay up until 10pm I have a solid 2 hours of time ALL BY MYSELF before Kyle gets home and we watch our shows. On day shift there are literally no minutes in the day where I am alone and it's totally quiet unless I stay up later than Kyle, but I find I really enjoy a solid 8 hours of sleep. It's a good thing! SO...no tv in the day has been working super well for us. These sweet boys have been playing so well together. Yes, sometimes it is loud super hero battle type play, but lots of times I think uh-oh what is afoot in this quiet. And then I find them engrossed in something. 
This day I found them playing Scooby Doo.  Of course the nano second I got the camera out they stopped playing so quietly together. But they did get back to it. 

Which allowed me a lovely few moments to linger with my latte and William Sonoma catalog.

No comments: