Sunday, March 25, 2012

ALOHA

Kyle got the opportunity to work for a measly little week in Hawaii. This was very upsetting as there was a 6 week job earlier this year. We were hoping to get that so the boys and I could go over for 2 or 3 weeks in the middle. With only a one week trip it would cost too much for all of us to fly. Once I realized Kyle would be gone over our anniversary it was even more annoying. Then my dad offered to buy a plane ticket for me to go as an anniversary gift. The grandmothers took two overnighters each and I was off.
IT WAS AWESOME!
It snowed at home while I enjoyed 80 degree weather.
SUPER AWESOME!
I had a lovely time. I enjoyed the weather, did tons of walking and hit the beach and pool. Kyle and I did a lot of window shopping. Oh and we ate...a lot! We had Hula Pie at Duke's that had enough calories for a week.
I stayed at the Waikiki Beach Marriott. It had a Seattle's Best on the first floor and a Starbucks a few doors down. PERFECT! I totally saw Robert Patrick in the lobby. That was my only celebrity citing.
Kyle actually had off on our anniversary, also St. Patrick's Day. We decided to get out of Waikiki for the St. Patrick's Day parade and headed to the North Shore. We met up with my friend at the Cafe Haleiwa and I got to meet her new baby...10 months old already.
We also stopped at the a beach we liked when we went in 2006. There are frequently turtles there. We hit the jackpot. They were coming up on shore and there were 3 visible in the water. The Malama na Honu
were out to protect the turtles from the crazy people that do weird things to the animals when they come out of the water. I asked the volunteer guardian a bazillion questions. It was very cool. We did not get even one photo of ourselves! But we had a great time. Now I'm trying to convince Kyle to apply for the Pearl Harbor Shipyard so we can move there.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Hi there! I am also a new Consultant with Thirty One, and I came across your blog as I was looking up stuff about the Mini March Motivator! (Congrats on achieving it, by the way)! :)