Sunday, January 17, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

Last week we did very well sticking to our plan. Normally Kyle leaves for work around 3pm so we have breakfast and "dinner" before he goes to work. He takes leftovers to eat on his lunch break and Reese and I either have leftovers or a lunch type meal, then we have salad when Kyle gets home from work at midnight. Last Kyle worked 5:30pm - 6am so he leaves the house about quarter to 5. It is a pain in the butt for any kind of normal functioning except giving me time have my tea and fully wake up before I have to think about prepping food. SO...we did not eat out at all. We followed our plan and Kyle had yummy home cooked meals to take to work while everyone else ate their lean cuisines and whatnot. Last week I posted my monthly plan, but I figured I may as well post the particulars for this week--it helps me keep on track. Since Kyle will be working the same shift straight through with only Monday off we are treating ourselves to...
MONDAY: Red Lobster for Crab Fest
TUESDAY: mushroom lasagna with broccoli
WEDNESDAY: chicken, stuffing, broccoli casserole (a made-up concoction)
THURSDAY: Breakfast for dinner--Reese has his 3 year old assessment this afternoon
FRIDAY: Cajun steak using A1 New Orleans Cajun sauce, brussels sprouts, rice
SATURDAY: fajitas using carne asada from costco and homemade tortillas
SUNDAY: Black Bean Corn Barley Burritos

Get more ideas at Organizie Junkie!
From last week the burgers made with Arizona Gunslinger Chipotle Salsa turned out awesome. I imagine any chipotle salsa would be tasty.

No comments: