Monday, September 24, 2007

School

So everyone probably knows I was taking English 101 and Anatomy & Physiology when I was admitted to UWMC last February, so I had to drop. Well they (nursing program) had led me to believe I didn't need English 101 because I tested out of it. Turned out to be false which is why I was taking it so late in the game. EVERYONE said how simple simple English 101 is, nothing to it, barely worth thinking about it. Of course my teacher was crazy workload lady sending long emails about how we better suck it up and drive in the snow to get to school and stop whining. So I was sort of glad to get out of that class ( although she turned out to be pretty nice). Now I'm in an online class with another crazy work load lady. Our whole syllabus is essentially stop whining, do your work, I don't care about your life needs. AND I sort of agree you need to deal with your issues. You can't expect personal exceptions that everyone doesn't get and to have immunity to the regular rules. HOWEVER, how hard would it be to open the class with the illusion that the teacher cares about the students at all and wants them to learn instead of a bunch of brash Hitler-esque rantings.
So school starts today and I hate it already AND OF COURSE the 2 books I bought last January and used for 4 class periods are not the books this new teacher uses. Every English 101 teacher uses those books except mine. Of course I didn't have time to deal with returning the books because I was an inpatient! and then I had a hospitalized newborn! and then it was too late...it was probably too late before I was even admitted to the hospital. And I figured I'd just use those same books in the fall quarter.
ANYWAY...I am going to school by choice and I'm actually paying them to let me go. It bothers me that mean, grumpy teachers ruin it for me. Thankfully next quarter when I have to physically go to the school and leave my sweet baby it will be for Anatomy & Physiology with a super sweet and wonderful teacher that renews my joy for school.
Obviously I have no photos to commemorate this heinous online English class.

No comments: